The Shadows of Internalized Misogyny

To devise honest theatre drawing upon our lived experiences, we need to do inventory. Shady Lib members reflected on Internalized Misog...


To devise honest theatre drawing upon our lived experiences, we need to do inventory. Shady Lib members reflected on Internalized Misogyny (using this checklist), during the process of developing new material and here are 5 quotes from the performers:

"I think accepting that I have internalized misogyny is a baby step in my effort for gender justice."

“I was calling myself a feminist whereas I was practicing internalized misogyny my whole life.”


"Before I teach other people about this gender violence and gender discrimination, I need to talk to my parents and my relatives about this because from this course I have realized a lot of mistakes which I and my family have done."

“Succumbing to these judgments of others gave rise to a silent misogynist in me."


“The realization about how I engaged in prejudice against women as internalized misogyny came as a shock. This is because I always considered myself to be feminist in terms of looking for equality of sexes.”

That's what she said. The guys in Shadow Liberation have been reflecting too, check out the Male Privilege Checklist, and turn an eye inward.

You Might Also Like

0 comments