The spark in me

"There is a fire starting in my heart..."- Adele I walked into this course feeling insecure and wondering if I could do justi...


"There is a fire starting in my heart..."- Adele

I walked into this course feeling insecure and wondering if I could do justice to it. The Ramayana was a story I was vaguely familiar with and a story I hadn't given much thought to. As we began to dive into the story and the research I began to relate to Sita's character. Feeling a lot of the emotions that she felt and reflecting on the grace with which she accepted her circumstances was something that cleared a lot of clutter in my own mind. The knowledge of shadow puppetry wasn't something that I was too interested in learning initially but now I find myself beginning to enjoy it as well as being in a position to appreciate it. It's something that is definitely grown on me during the semester and something I respect because I now know how hard it can be.

This course has made me more confident , less insecure about what I can be capable of doing and its made me fall in love. It has made me fall in love with travelling, Hindu mythology, with myself and with the work I do for the course. I feel more passionate about this project than I did when I walked into it. (The truth was I had planned on leaving the course after one semester to pursue and explore another avenues but the other courses just seem so lame now :D)

Thank you Shilo for inspiring me. You are so humble and such a dedicated artist. I respect you and your work so much :)

And ofcourse, Evan. Not only does your work as an artist inspire me but also just you as a personality.

I'm still insecure about acting as I have never done it before but I also have complete faith in both Evan and the group to motivate me and help me get there.

And of course, singing for you is always my pleasure :)

Love! <3

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I really like the way you have made the collage. Its witty and cool. You have written your reflection really beautifully. Appreciate it and ofcourse your singing. :)

    ReplyDelete