Singapore Reflection

Q. What was the most interesting thing you learned in the   conference ? A. The bit that interested me the most in the conference was th...

Q. What was the most interesting thing you learned in the  conference ?
A. The bit that interested me the most in the conference was the one man performance the lady gave us after our own performance. What she did, as I would describe it is to 'perform a lecture'. She definitely convinced me that she is a good actress. What she did was a performance I witnessed for the first time making it all the more interesting. Though i still don't get why in the beginning of the performance she started showing a video of herself doing the same thing simultaneously 

Q. How was it to perform on such a large stage to such a small audience ?
A. The stage was just beatifull, after that I can justifiably say I saw nothing. It would have been really lovely if the auditorium had been filled but the fact that we were performing in such a lovely space compensated for having just four people as audience. (Anyways, the light was right in our eyes onstage, so you really couldn't see for how many people you were performing, be it 1 person or hundred)

Q. What did you learn about performing ?
A. As I mentioned earlier how I found the one man show by the lady the most interesting thing at the conference, I learnt that everything can be performed, and if its done to perfection you can even blur the lines between what is real and what is a performance.

Q. What's something you did well, and what's something you could use to improve on ?
A. 'Something I did well', well I was pretty happy with my interaction with the audience during and after the play and that's quite an important aspect of theater especially forum theater. As far as something I can improve upon is considered, I believe I really need some firm and powerful lines for the character I was playing.

You Might Also Like

0 comments