Chindu and the Village *heavy american accent*

Living in the city makes you oblivious to the harsh reality outside this space. It makes you forget the existence of a place like ...





Living in the city makes you oblivious to the harsh reality outside this space. It makes you forget the existence of a place like the village we went to which is so backward in terms of technology, village infrastructure, education and just standard of living is so poor!

Things in the city are so different from the village. We have access to basic amenities like water, electricity, and everything you need is readily available. 

To feel like a foreigner in your own country shows you how backward the village was. I felt like i was being chased by paparazzi and it was really started to annoy me when people would start following me and ask me so many questions. (a lot of the time they were the same questions over and over) It was overwhelming even though they don't mean you any harm.

I respect what Chindu does emancipation of this community and I really appreciate their approach. The language barrier is something that we all felt as a group however I do believe that we did manage to communicate something but probably not as much as we would have liked to. What I learnt from the performance is being able to improvise on the spot to suit an audience and to communicate on a level which the audience is able to take in the information you want to impart with.






I also think that this trip brought us as a group closer. I feel closer to ya'll and I think the trip also had some heavy bonding sessions! A lot can happen over a cup of juice. 

*wink*




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. i totally agree with you. Chindu is doing a commendable job and we too as a group have a lot to learn from them.

    ReplyDelete