Witness Account

Episode: When Rama banishes Sita from Ayodhya  Witness: Lakshmana My brother is banishing my pregnant sister from the kingdom beca...



Episode: When Rama banishes Sita from Ayodhya 
Witness: Lakshmana

My brother is banishing my pregnant sister from the kingdom because he pays attention to what the public has say. Is he really as strong as he claims to be? A king swayed by public opinion?
Can he not see the love and devotion I see in Sita's eyes? 
How can I drop her in the forest and walk away?
Is it fair to her? Is it fair to me?

My mind is in a state of conflict.
On one hand, I'm a servant of my brother and I am dutifully bound. I must obey his every instruction.
On the other hand, I feel like I must stand up for Sita. Take the side of Sita who is too pure to burnt by lord Agni. Prove her Innocence fight for justice. 

But shouldn't Rama be the one to stand up and fight this Adharma?






You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The mute witness - but what a lot he could have said if he was the elder one. Unfortunately it was a society where age and seniority were valued to a point where it placed restrictions on the younger person's capacity to express himself.

    ReplyDelete