Laxman's Duty

There's something wrong, I can feel my hair rise. Something in the forest Just isn't right. I hear my brothe...

















There's something wrong,
I can feel my hair rise.
Something in the forest
Just isn't right.

I hear my brother's cries
And see the fear in Sita's eyes..
And I know that I must go, I must,
Leaving her with a spell drawn in the dust.

But as I hunt for a glint of gold
And shed my blood on the leaves,
I wonder why I left her behind.
Could She have come along?
She's only a woman.
Could she have joined the chase?
A delicate flower who cannot flee.
Or is she as strong as me?
Could she ever be?

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Evocative language Malvika. "And shed my blood on the leaves"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! its amazing how these few lines are describing Lord Ram's Dilemma so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eep! these are actually Laxman's words!

    ReplyDelete