KUMBHAKARANA

Episode: Rama and Raavana in battle Witness: Kumbhakarana Slowly I opened my eyes, Yawned and pushed everything aside. It was a...


Episode: Rama and Raavana in battle
Witness: Kumbhakarana

Slowly I opened my eyes,
Yawned and pushed everything aside.
It was as though my nightmare came true
Heard that brother has committed a foolish mistake.
His love for another man’s wife.
I am in no mood to fight.
He is wrong to invite this unnecessary war 
He should release Sita
and put an end to this avoidable conflict.
But what matters to me is the prosperity of Lanka.
For the glory of my forefathers,
For the glory of my dynasty
I shall terminate Rama.
Forever!!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Again a younger brother who was forced to go against his better judgement for the sake of his elder brother. May be the Ramayana would have been much less complicated if all the younger brothers, Lakshmana, Vibhishana and Kumbakaran had just spoken up at important times?

    But then again - there would have been a much less interesting story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written. I guess for someone like me Kumbhakarana was only known for his lazy habits but over here a completely other side is projected.

    ReplyDelete