Illustration and some "poetry".

So, since I'm not much of a writer, i did this process in reverse. While we were told to write the poem, since I couldn't  I drew ...

So, since I'm not much of a writer, i did this process in reverse. While we were told to write the poem, since I couldn't  I drew it. But found it much easier to convert the illustration into a poem, or whatever one would like to call it =P




Text on the picture:

Sita is alone. she has been abducted by Ravana and now lives in Lanka in his kingdom. she is very well taken care of, but lonely and sad. The beautiful things that surround her are no compensation for her loss. She sits alone, surrounded by devious looking women. She would sit and ponder. Think. Wait. Dream. Ravana was in love with her and promised her a better life with him, but Sita was wouldnt budge. She was Rams wife and she would be, till she died. She was carefully watched over all the time. But she'd still sit and wait for her husband to come patiently. At this moment, Sita's patience is being tested. Its been a while, there is no sign of Ram. she's frightened. She is suddenly so aware of every movement, every sound. My poem is set in this moment when she is on the edge and all the questions that she asks herself. 



Is it him?
Is he here? 
I see elephants, 
decorated in gold. 

I think i see him, 
no wait,

I dont 

Maybe thats him?
I just heard leaves being crushed
under heavy feet. 
Its him.

This waiting,
Its made me weak.
Why isn't he here?

Did I cause too much trouble? 
Is it my fault?
Has he found a new wife?

Is she more beautiful than I am?
Im sure she's far less stupid. 
I can't think of it. 

I can't think anymore. 








You Might Also Like

0 comments