It matters

1) Gender violation is like a cancer. It spreads and it keeps growing: When we started off with this project we realized...



1) Gender violation is like a cancer. It spreads and it keeps growing:
When we started off with this project we realized how much more of a problem gender violation was than it seemed. We discussed each other’s personal problems. It got us closer to each other. This was a major milestone for me as I realize that shadow liberation was just a project for a cause. It was something people know but need to be reminded. The stories we discussed and shared became our play. We started living each other’s stories. To reach out to people. We cannot preach people as to what the right thing to do is. We can only ask them to think differently.

         2) Shit happens. Learn to deal with it. Move on stick together:
There was a period of time in shadow liberation that we felt like everything was wrong. Our downfall was bringing the morale down of the group. We were losing on the morale of the group. What I learnt was how to stick around and stand up for one another when the group was facing difficulties.
I took on the listeners and leaders role when required according to the moment.

3) Learning to act. Acting is not to be learnt it is to be felt. As we performed in the earlier days of Shadow Liberation we were learning acting techniques. Go by the rules. As we got into our characters we felt them we related to them. It was a true performance of real stories.
For me expressing has always been about talking and my face and dance. Through shadow liberation I learnt the art of subtlety and being the listener to express interest and engagement.


In all Shadow liberation has helped me evolve into a better version of myself. I have for certain become more considerate, a little more patient. We had a many instances where we learnt bout our flaws from one another. I learnt to take on the role of a leader. Strike the balance between fitting in and making new. It has overall made me a more sensitive person but issues that I knew about but never really cared. 





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. hmmmm..you could have included your dance sequences.

    ReplyDelete