What I am told to be

There are certain kinds of dialogues that everyone must have heard while growing up. There is always somebody giving a push. Recently I ...



There are certain kinds of dialogues that everyone must have heard while growing up. There is always somebody giving a push. Recently I remember a girl saying to me, " Its not that how you look or what kind of girl you are, or even if you are a guy or a girl. What matters is the way you carry yourself. Put your head up and no one will look down on you." But what is more important is to find out what you will do in situations when people tell you to behave 'properly' because you are a 'girl'. This is where the question of individuality and personal interests clashes with what I am supposed to be. This is where everybody's notions about what I sould be actually hurts. The point is that all these little things add up to making me get more confused than shaping myself.



When we should look at gender, we should not have others tell us what to be or what to do. But rather look at themselves at what they are. And let others be what they are.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love the counter strike part. I mean they still call it gameBOY. And even if almost every girl at some point plays racing games, no one expects girls to play fighting or strategy games much less GTA.

    ReplyDelete