GENDER JUDGEMENT

Gender, a natural range of characteristics that differentiate between males and female plays a very important role in deciding your role i...


Gender, a natural range of characteristics that differentiate between males and female plays a very important role in deciding your role in the society. How we live, how we dress, how we walk, talk, work everything depends to a vast extent over gender. Childhood is the time when we do not understand what we are truly until we observe and experience certain things in life. When I was a child, there was an inner interest inside myself to wear frocks, bangles, nail paints and dress up as a proper traditional woman! But my parents always kept me as a tomboy. Fascinated by various girly hairstyles, I always got a boy cut, wanting to wear frocks and skirts, my mother always bought me pants and jeans. But I understood my gender properly when I entered the co-ed school. When at that time I wanted to dress up like boys, I was told to wear skirt, sit and behave like a girl, tie up your hair with ribbon. My mother used to watch daily soaps on television, and this is the reason that I could not develop much of an interest in cartoons and stuffs, and liked watching the serials. The major things I learnt in my childhood with the reason that I am girl were – adjustment and less fight with people. And I have no strong objection with norms in the society though many of them are stereotypical, because I am brought up in a way to adjust with circumstances.

You Might Also Like

0 comments