How I Realised I was Different

The day i was born, the doctors looked and my genital parts and decided i was a boy. They announced this news to my entire family. This...



The day i was born, the doctors looked and my genital parts and decided i was a boy. They announced this news to my entire family. This trained and conditioned my family to treat me like a boy. I was made to wear boy clothes, i was given toys like G.I. Joe, Batman, Hotwheels and Guns. The shows i watched were also filled with action, speed and slapstick and goofy humour. The things i was surrounded with kept reminding me of the interests and activities boys are supposed to be involve themselves into. My Parents fed me food by saying that you need to eat well so that you can grow up to be a strong man.
Later, i got interested in playing cricket and so did my friends who were all boys. we needed a big place to play.The girls, who werent interested in playing cricket would occupy large grounds for no reason. So every evening, me and my friends would chase the girls into a smaller park for them to play leaving big areas for us. That phase of my life made a clear image of girls in my head that at that age, girls dd not like playing sports which involve too much running around.
In school, Girls and Boys were asked to sit togeather beacause of the fact that girls and boys didnt get along as well as a boy got along with a boy. A boy sitting with a boy means noise and chaos in the classroom. A girl is more focussed and would concentrate more in the class and listen to what the teacher is saying. In this way even the boy sitting next to the girl would have nothing to say or do so the boy would just listen to what was happening in class. But this i think was the point when i started getting more comfortable with the girls around me and got more friendly with girls.
These were the few things that made me realise my gender and made me notice how im different from the opposite gender than existed around me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments