Blurred Memories.

Thinking of how I came to be the girl I am set me off on a trip down memory lane. Faint and far instances of prejudices and programmed ‘prop...

Thinking of how I came to be the girl I am set me off on a trip down memory lane. Faint and far instances of prejudices and programmed ‘properties’ set the train of thought chugging.
I was one who loved to run and play and I think I’d owe a lot of that to my brothers who were my sole companions when I was young, well more or less…And even at school, boys and girls were hardly separated or treated differently. But I was also the little girl who had so many dresses that I have absolutely no clue when they faded from my wardrobe. Perhaps I outgrew most of them but I never realized why the type of clothing changed to jeans and such. I possibly looked at Salwars and other ‘grown up’ clothes as a way to stop people from treating me like a ‘kid’. As I grew up, I recall wanting to play and run like the guys at least with other girls but they preferred chattering beneath the trees… Looking further still, I see the line between the genders blurring to a present absence and wonder to where it leads. My thoughts on how I’m me.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I like the fact that there were no dividing lines as such between the two genders. wish i had a similar childhood where girls and boys gelled with each other well and played together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Nihar. It was a lot more fun that way!

    ReplyDelete